Thursday 1 November 2007

Front hatch rim

I found time to roughly sand down the hull and some bits of the deck where I have patched the gelcoat and get the sharp bits off the knee tube. The ethafoam block footrest was dropped back into position.

Patches to the seam near the stern with some black gelcoat went smoothly. Fixing the front hatch rim in place using some orange gelcoat was more tricky. The main problem was trying to bolt the hatch rim back into place whilst wearing rubber gloves that were sticky with gelcoat. I'm sure that bolting down to wet gelcoat is going to give a pretty good seal though.

I tidied up the deck with some of the orange gelcoat, including the recessed deck fittings (RDFs) that I didn't do yesterday. The holes from the old deck elastics were also filled with this mix of gelcoat; this is purely cosmetic as the holes have already been fixed from the inside of the boat.

No comments: